Announcing Our New Cohort for the 2020 Visible Connect Accelerator Program
Six nonprofits will each be awarded a $15,000 financial grant, free mobile devices and service on Visible’s network, and mentorship to support the use of mobile technology for good.
You may ask, “Why is a cell phone company running a 9 month accelerator program?” Fair, but did you know our accelerator launched before Visible had customers?
As the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Community and impact are in our DNA and by providing capital, technical support, and mentorship through Visible’s leadership and teammates, we can support early stage nonprofits scale their organization and impact.
We are proud to announce today the participants of its third annual Visible Connect accelerator program in partnership with Uncharted, a Denver-based social impact accelerator. Visible Connect. Visible Connect is a nine-month accelerator program that provides capital, technical support, and mentorship to six early-stage nonprofits that are using mobile technology as a vehicle for positive change within their communities.
“As we go into our third year of Visible Connect, we know many of these nonprofits are leaning into mobile technology as a way to serve their communities amidst new social, political and public health concerns,” said Miguel Quiroga, CEO of Visible. “We will leverage all of our resources and knowledge to provide these founders with the tools they need to continue to scale their organizations and maximize impact during these unprecedented times.”
As we dive into our third year of Visible Connect, we know many of these nonprofits are leaning into mobile technology as a way to serve their clients amidst new social, political and public health concerns. We will leverage all of our resources and take what we’ve learned over the past two years to provide amazing resources for these nonprofit organizations to continue to scale.
The 2020–2021 cohort consists of nonprofits tackling critical social issues, including racial equity, mental health, and civic action. The selected organizations include:
- Ameelio (New Haven, CT): Using technology to connect families and organizations to incarcerated people across the nation — for free.
- College to Congress (Washington, DC): A nonpartisan nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a more inclusive and effective Congress by empowering the next generation of public servants.
- Food Connect (Philadelphia, PA): Leveraging smart technology to bridge the gap between surplus food and hunger.
- Movers and Shakers (New York, NY): Using augmented reality to write Black and Brown narratives into American curricula.
- Okayso (New York, NY): Building a world where young people can live authentically as themselves by using technology to connect teens with questions about sex and identity to experts who provide support and information.
- Trans LifeLine (Oakland, CA): A trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive.
As part of the Visible Connect Accelerator Program, each of the six selected nonprofits will receive a $15,000 unrestricted financial grant in addition to free mobile devices and service for one year on Visible’s network. Visible will also provide direct leadership coaching and mentorship via 1:1 meetings, a 5-day virtual summit, and more to help founders scale their organizations. Visible’s leaders and employees will help provide technological insight, marketing advice, and infrastructure support.
To date, Visible Connect has impacted over 5.5M lives and supported over 15 nonprofits. More information about the nonprofits participating in Year Three of Visible Connect can be found at www.visible.com/connect.